Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

That extra pinch #love !

Feb 14th 
Valentine's Day

Fairy tales were just imaginary scripts
Magic & miracles showed up only in dreams
Love at first sight never happened all my life
Until...
Until...
Until... 
I held Kavya & Oviya in my hands!
So, every Valentine's day is special not only for the couples, but also for the motherhood. Our house filled with the aroma of the cupcakes on the day of celebration. The decorated cakes filled the kids' tummies . The painting I made for my lifetime companion filled his heart too :-). 
Whatever the case, whatever the activity, whatever the time spent, a little extra pinch of love and an extra spoon of involvement makes wonders & creates enchanting memories. So, it doesn't have to be a Valentine's day to celebrate 'LoVe' & it doesn't need any reason to express our 'AffECtiON.


March 17
All these years, this day was my ordinary birthday celebration with the usual cake & a dinner with a bunch of friends. This year, this day, I wanted a change - the change which can bring some smiles in at least a few people, this change which would remind me about changing me in the forthcoming years! This day would no longer be about me, but will be an opportunity to think about others too. 
Since my blood donation idea was rejected due to the overseas travel within the last 3 years, I desperately wanted to give a part of me that could help anyone in any possible way. So... the next nominee was my 'Hair' <whistle> <whistle>!! :-)
My heart was pounding fast when I cut 8 inches of my hair for children with hair loss due to illness. Never thought donating something that I valued most would give me this much happiness. After all, hair would grow back. But this is the least we could do for patients who went bald due to chemotherapy treatments or any other illness. 


With a little more research, I learnt about chronic illness in children who may or may not recover back, with many of them already in the grave :'(. There's nothing much we can do to comfort their pain or suffering. But, our simple gift or card might bring a smile in their faces & hope in their little hearts!


A birthday was well spent!!

So, here I stand as a proud mom 
Feeling beautiful for the first time
From inside and out...
Wishing myself to continue this journey 
All my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment